Friday, June 12, 2009

Iris and Fence (Posterized)


Iris and Fence (Posterized)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

I took this photo during a recent walk at Long Hill Gardens.  There are lots of flowers blooming now, so I took a lot of pictures.  I really liked the way these iris looked against the fence.  If you look closely at the fence, you can see a design (possibly Chinese) in green porcelain.  Well, I did notice that, but I wasn't looking closely enough at everything else. I overlooked the fact that some bright yellow flower petals had fallen on the fence.  Tonight they were getting in my way when I was trying to crop this photo, so I opened the image in Painter and used a little digital chalk to clear it out of the way. Then I posterized the image and cropped it again, and here it is.

No comments: