Saturday, June 13, 2009

Massachusetts Clam Stand (Drawing)


Massachusetts Clam Stand (Drawing)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

I took my sketchbook along today when I took a break at Starbucks.  I started another drawing, working from my imagination.  I was thinking about last weekend's adventures with my cousins. Ideas for a lunch destination included the Clam Box or Farnhams or Woodmans (which is where we ended up).  This little drawing is inspired by all three.  The building itself reminds me of Farnhams (although I haven't seen it in quite some time and may not be remembering correctly).  My little building does not look like the Clam Box (which is actually built in the shape of a box used to serve clams). But the stripes on the awning remind me of the red and white Clam Box awning, and the roadside location is similar.  The background is a rendition of the view from behind Woodman's (see my post of June 6).  I had fun working on this drawing.  I think it is still a work in progress, but this is how it looks as of today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yum. You left out the grease stains. Thanks!