Friday, July 03, 2009

Heart Shaped Box as of July 3, 2009


Heart Shaped Box as of July 3, 2009
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

This morning I went to the studio to work on this project, a heart-shaped box that I am covering with decoupage and collage patterns.  I am using printed metallic ribbons to create the designs.  At this point, I am simply filling in gaps in the gold area around the sides of the box, and also working a little bit on the red interior.  Sometimes I am impatient to finish the gold area.  Although the work is painstaking, it isn't tedious.  It is only my desire to go on to the next pattern, the next area, that makes me impatient.  But impatience leads to mistakes, so I stop when I begin to hurry. The solution is to slow down, stay in the moment while I work, and enjoy the process. By the time I took this photo, my impatience had passed, and I think it shows.

No comments: