Thursday, July 09, 2009

Heart Shaped Box as of July 9, 2009


Heart Shaped Box as of July 9, 2009
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

This morning I spent a little time working on this project, a heart-shaped box that I am covering with collage and decoupage designs made with printed metallic ribbons.  I have been trying to finish the outside area (predominantly gold), and am down to just filling in small gaps. Although it is great to be so close to finishing the gold area, filling in the little gaps is painstaking work. So to make this more fun, I decided that I would start a new area, the inside of the box top.  I came across a piece of ribbon in the pattern I want, and pasted down some pieces around the perimeter.  Just a few pieces of ribbon, but it did the trick in terms of adding fun and energy to the whole project, even the more tedious parts.

No comments: