Saturday, August 29, 2009

Lots of Lilacs


Lots of Lilacs
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

It is the end of August, so why lilacs? Last week I was using Painter's pattern pen, and it dawned on me that most of the patterns that I made in Painter are no longer there. This probably happened when I changed from a PC to my new Mac back in January, but I just didn't notice. Maybe I can find the files on the computer, or even recreate them. But meanwhile, I decided to make some new patterns. So I was browsing through iPhoto and found some photos of lilacs that I took last spring. So I used Painter's program to "capture" the photo as a pattern. Then I created this image with the lilac pattern. I thought the image needed a little something more, so I posterized it. In my book, it is never the wrong time for lilacs, no matter what the calendar says.

No comments: