Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sailboat Near Lynch Park


Sailboat Near Lynch Park
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

I took this photograph yesterday during an after dinner walk here in Beverly, MA. The vantage point is from a walkway that leads from the end of Woodbury Street to a beach at the far end of Lynch Park. It's nice and cool there, and the view is great. The trees and lawn on the left are Lynch Park (which is surrounded by water on three sides) and you can see across the water all the way to Salem Willows and Marblehead, in the background. The colors were beautiful last night, and I was crazy about the sailboat, so I took some photos. I liked this one the best, so tonight I edited it in iPhoto. I straightened it out and cropped it. Then I adjusted the exposure of the shadows, and added just a touch more saturation to bring the image closer to the colors that I had actually seen.

No comments: