Friday, September 18, 2009

Composition with Apples


Composition with Apples
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

I have been experimenting with creating the effect of a print with Painter's pattern pen. Last week, I used a pattern created from one of my photos of raspberries. This week, it's apples. The pattern I used here was created from one of my photos, apples still on the tree. I used that photos for my Jewish New Year greetings, and while I was at it, I made the photo into a pattern as well. To get the print effect, I used the pattern pen with digital chalk, applied a color overlay, and then posterized the whole thing. Then I cropped the result to get this composition. (I created this digital print yesterday, but had no opportunity to publish. So I am post-dating it for Sept. 18, 5 PM.)

No comments: