Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Heart Shaped Box as of September 30, 2009 (Top and Bottom)


Heart Shaped Box as of September 30, 2009 (Top and Bottom)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

I went to the studio this afternoon because I needed to get the stepladder so I could use it tonight to hang my paintings at Starbucks. But it seemed a shame to go to the studio and not stay for a while. So I took an hour out of an already crazy day and worked on this project, the heart-shaped box that I am covering with collage and decoupage cut from printed metallic ribbons. I continued my work on the inside of the box for much of the time I had. But for the past week, I have been thinking about the design for the bottom of the box, so I used the last twenty minutes or so to try out my idea. I want to create a floral border around the edge that echos the floral design on the top of the box. I am pasting pieces of printed roses, daisies, and leaves to create the design. (This part is decoupage rather than collage.) I only had time to create two small areas, but it was enough to decide that I will keep going with this idea. This photo shows the top of the box (completed) and the bottom of the box (just getting started).

No comments: