Friday, September 04, 2009

Heart Shaped Box as of September 4, 2009


Heart Shaped Box as of September 4, 2009
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

I went to the studio this morning to take advantage of cooler temperatures and work on this collage and decoupage project. The heart-shaped box once held my daughter's Mother's Day gift. I saved the box and now I am covering it with collage and decoupage patterns cut from printed metallic ribbons that a friend was planning to discard. Today I worked on the interior red area, the hardest part to work on in hot weather because the pieces are so small and everything gets too sticky in the heat. I also filled in a few more of the gaps in the gold area around the outside of the box. Then I worked on the interior of the box top (pink, purple, and orange pattern). It is slow going, but I was thinking, as I worked, that lots of things worth doing in life have to be done slowly, putting pieces into place one by one.

No comments: