Saturday, September 05, 2009

Waterlilies (Posterized Photo)


Waterlilies (Posterized Photo)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

This image began as a photograph that I took a few days ago during a walk at Bradley Palmer State Park, here in Massachusetts. One of the main roads cuts through a marsh which is now full of waterlilies. I got as close as I could to take a picture, but I startled a frog who made a noise and splashed into the water. That startled me in turn, so I jumped, backed up, and decided to zoom in instead of hovering precariously on the edge of the pond. When I got home and opened the photo on the computer, I cropped a close-up out of one of the photos. But the focus was too soft to use as it was. So I opened the image in Painter and used digital pastel to clean up some leaves and then posterized the image. I cropped it a second time to get the composition I wanted, and here it is. I also created a digital woodcut from this image, and I plan to post it tomorrow.

No comments: