Monday, September 14, 2009

More Raspberries (Digital Print)


More Raspberries (Digital Print)
Originally uploaded by randubnick

Tonight I decided to do another digital image using Painter's pattern pen and the pattern that I created recently from one of my photos of raspberries. I am working out the idea of using the pattern pen to create a kind of digital print. On the surface, this image looks similar to the one I published here last night, but it is a little more complex, and I think it works a little better. Once I began to think about creating "digital prints" with the pattern pen, I decided to enlarge the size of pattern. Last night, I had to crop the final image to get the pattern to be large enough, but tonight I just enlarged the size of the digital brush as well as increased the scale of the pattern. I made the image with just three strokes with the pattern pen (although it took numerous tries to get the strokes where I wanted them.) Then I posterized the whole thing. I added some color overlay to a few leaves that needed a little help. Then I posterized again, and did a little cropping to get this image. I am happy with the way this image looks, but am even happier because I have figured out how to do this!

No comments: