Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Heart Shaped Box as of September 15, 2009


Heart Shaped Box as of September 15, 2009
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

I went to the studio early this morning to fit in a little time working on this project. I am using collage and decoupage with printed metallic ribbons to cover this heart-shaped box. (The box once held a Mother's Day gift from my daughter.) Today I started with the inside surface of the box top, and also did a little bit on the red area inside the box. I also filled in a few gaps in the gold area around the outside. At first I was very aware of the time (because I didn't have much of it to spare); but soon I got very involved in what I was doing. The good news is that whenever that happens, it is wonderful, extremely calming, like a meditation. The bad news is that because I lost track of time, I didn't stop soon enough, and was running late. But it was worth it!

No comments: