Monday, September 07, 2009

Raspberries Again (Posterized)


Raspberries Again (Posterized)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

This is the season for my an annual (and somewhat futile) effort to try to keep the raspberries under control. I do love the raspberries. The berries are so sweet and so beautiful! But the plants have very sharp thorns. Well, if you want the raspberries, you have to put up with the thorns, and I do. But they grow everywhere, even in places where you just can't leave thorns like that. So I have to trim them back, carefully, with regret, and with a camera close by. This image began with a photo that I took back in 2005. I came across it tonight because I was looking for photos that would make good patterns in Painter. Many of my pattern files seem to have disappeared when I moved from a PC to a Mac, and one of my ongoing projects is to create some more patterns to replace what I have lost. One of the patterns I liked best was from a photo of raspberries. When I saw my raspberry photos tonight, I decided to begin again. (It's the season for that.) So I cropped this composition out of the 2005 photo, and I used Painter's digital pastel to cover up a wilted leaf, and then posterized the image. After that, I used this image to create a pattern, as will be seen in tomorrow's post.

No comments: