Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Golden Path (Posterized Photo)


Golden Path (Posterized Photo)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

This weekend, I finally had a chance to take a walk at Long Hill Gardens. The weather was great and the colors were beautiful. I tried to make up for lost time by taking lots of pictures. This is the first picture that I took. In fact, I was still getting my camera out when I saw this walkway covered with yellow leaves. I loved the way the trees in the distance seemed to glow in the sunlight, and I liked the dappled light on the path, so I took a quick photograph. Well, I was a little too quick, apparently, because when I opened the image on the computer, I could see that the focus was too fuzzy. I was trying to hurry, so maybe I moved when I took the picture. Well, I still liked the image so I decided to see what I could do with it. I opened it in Painter and posterized it just enough to create a bit of an impressionistic effect. The idea of posterizing was to turn a soft focus into an advantage. Then I cropped the image to emphasize the dappled light and the golden pathway.

No comments: