Monday, October 05, 2009

Heart Shaped Box as of October 5, 2009


Heart Shaped Box as of October 5, 2009
Originally uploaded by randubnick

This morning I went to the studio, intending to work for an hour on this project. I am covering a heart-shaped box with decoupage and collage created from printed metallic ribbons. This box once held a Mother's Day gift from my daughter. (Some of the text describing the product inside is still visible in this photo.) I set out with the intention of putting in a little work on three surfaces of the box that need work. I decided to start with the bottom of the box which is going to have decoupage flowers around the edges. I am arranging pieces of roses and leaves cut from the ribbons to make little floral areas. I also worked on the area in the middle, which will be predominantly brown, to match the top of the box. I got so involved and was having so much fun with the decoupage that I kept going, and never got to the other parts of the project today, even though I stayed for an extra thirty minutes. I really had to force myself to stop. I felt myself trying to hurry, and that is when I am likely to make mistakes.

No comments: