Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Quince Tree in October (Posterized)


Quince Tree in October (Posterized)
Originally uploaded by randubnick

This image began with a photo of a quince tree that I took last October at Long Hill Gardens here in Beverly, MA. I was excited to the sunlight on the golden fruit, so I took a picture. But later I saw that the focus was too soft, and so I didn't use the photograph. I came across the photo again tonight when I was poking through my files, and decided to do something with it. I cropped the original photo to get this composition, then opened the image in Painter and posterized it. (I did some selective posterizing with the lariat tool so I could keep the brightness of the sky intact.) The posterizing capitalizes on the soft focus and diffuse light, and I think it conveys a bit of the magic of suddenly coming across a tree hung with golden fruit.

No comments: