Thursday, November 05, 2009

Fallen Leaves (Digitally Modified and Posterized Photo)


Fallen Leaves (Digitally Modified and Posterized Photo)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

A couple of weeks ago (October 22), I posted an image that began with a photograph of fallen leaves. Today I went back to the same batch of photos and saw another one that I liked. The colors were amazing, although the some of the leaves were broken, torn, and eaten! But I opened the image in Painter and used digital pastel to patch the holes, with some color overlay to add variation. Then I posterized the image and cropped it for the composition. Once I had the image uploaded to Flickr, I decided I wanted to crop just a bit more, so I opened the image on line (in Picnic). This is my final cut. This little project took longer than I intended, but I don't mind. The beautiful colors of autumn don't last, so it would be a shame to ignore these beautiful leaves.

No comments: