Saturday, November 21, 2009

Heart Shaped Box as of November 21,2009


Heart Shaped Box as of November 21,2009
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

This morning, I finally had a chance to get up to the studio and work on this project, the heart-shaped box that I am covering with decoupage and collage. I am cutting up metallic ribbons in printed with various patterns (crewel, paisley, floral) and putting the pieces together to make my own designs. This photo shows the bottom of the box, which will be brown with a floral border, and the inside of the box top, which is going to be predominantly pink. I worked on both those areas today, as well as the red surface inside the box (not pictured here). As I work, I leave gaps because I am creating these designs as I go, and I am never sure if I will run out of ribbon in a particular print. But if I leave gaps, I can go back and integrate pieces of another color or print.

No comments: