Monday, November 30, 2009

Heart Shaped Box as of November 30, 2009


Heart Shaped Box as of November 30, 2009
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

Today I started to move some paintings out of my studio. (Over the past few days, it has become clear that the situation is no longer workable.) This makes me very sad because I love that little studio and will miss it. It is the world's smallest studio but it has great light. To make the process easier, I am going to try to do a little of the moving every day, and while I am at the studio, I hope to take advantage of the time and do some art work. So that is what I did today. I spent an hour working on this heart-shaped box that I am covering with collage and decoupage patterns cut from printed metallic ribbons. Today I spent the entire hour working on the bottom of the box (shown here), building the floral border around the edges. As I lost myself in the joy of piecing together leaves, roses, and forget-me-nots, I realized that although I do love my studio (and that it is important to have "a room of one's own"), a large part of what makes me so happy there is just doing the art.

No comments: