Sunday, November 08, 2009

Heart Shaped Box as of November 8, 2009


Heart Shaped Box as of November 8, 2009
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

This morning I went to the studio to work on this heart-shaped box which I am covering with printed metallic ribbons, cut up and pieced together to form collage and decoupage designs. Today I started with the bottom of the box, which I am covering with brown ribbon in the center and a floral border around the edges. Most of the work today was finding and cutting pieces of brown ribbon, though I did add a couple of cut out leaves to the floral areas. Then I worked on the inside of the box top, which is leaning against the brick wall in the photo. This area is going more quickly because I am only using one ribbon pattern, and the pieces are larger. And then, although it isn't shown in this photo, I did a little work on the interior of the box, finding tiny bits of bright red ribbon.


No comments: