Friday, December 04, 2009

Heart Shaped Box as of December 3, 2009


Heart Shaped Box as of December 3, 2009
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

This heart-shaped box is a collage and decoupage project in progress. This photo shows how it looked yesterday. I am in the process of moving out of my studio, so I have been making daily trips to the studio to collect my paintings and supplies. But I don't like to waste a trip to the studio, so while I am there, I spend a little time on this project. Besides, working on my heart-shaped box always cheers me right up! This week I have been concentrating on the bottom of the box (unfinished heart, pictured). I have been working on the floral border as well as the center, which will be brown. I want the design to echo the design on the top of the box (also shown in the photo). I like the way the printed metallic ribbons catch the sunlight.

No comments: