Saturday, December 26, 2009

Sunset Celebration (Oil Bar Painting Day 3)


Sunset Celebration (Oil Bar Painting Day 3)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

This is another oil bar painting that I have been working on this week. (I am getting ready for a show in January so I have several paintings in progress at the moment.) On December 23 (which was Day 3), I adjusted the composition slightly by extending the water further to the right. Then I added some pink to the water and the sky, and also added white highlights to the clouds. I need to clean this one up an seal the edges, but apart from that, I think it is pretty close to finished. (But I reserve the right to change my mind about that!) This painting is based on a photo that I took with my phone cam from the passenger side of a moving car. If you want to see the original photo, it is also called Sunset Celebration and can be found on this site as well, posted July 30, 2005.

No comments: