Friday, January 08, 2010

Edge of Lake in New Hampshire (Oil Bar Painting Day 1)


Edge of Lake in New Hampshire (Oil Bar Painting Day 1)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

Here is the oil bar painting of a New Hampshire lake that I have been working on. This is how it looked on January 1, which was the first day I worked on it. I am working from a photo that I took while traveling to Durham, New Hampshire. If you compare the painting to the photos (posted yesterday and the day before), you can tell that these are not the final colors. But I used yellow paint to sketch in the composition, which gave the sky and water a slightly green cast. I plan to correct that, but while I was blocking in the composition, it was actually helpful to have such a strong contrast between the color of the sky and the color of the clouds.

No comments: