Thursday, January 07, 2010

Edge of Lake in New Hampshire (Posterized)


Edge of Lake in New Hampshire (Posterized)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

This is a posterized version of the photograph that I published here yesterday, a picture of a lake in New Hampshire. I took this photo several years ago, from the passenger seat of a moving car. I found the original photo on January 1 and edited it to use as a reference for one of my oil bar paintings. In fact, the version that I posted yesterday is the one I am looking at when I paint. But I also made this posterized version (using Painter) because a posterized photo can sometimes help me see patterns of color or shape more clearly. Also, for the exhibit, I have been thinking about showing my photos (posterized) along with the paintings, as I have done before. In any case, I like the way the posterized version looks, so here it is. Tomorrow I will start posting photos of the painting in progress.

No comments: