Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Edge of Lake in New Hampshire (Oil Bar Painting Day 4)


Edge of Lake in New Hampshire (Oil Bar Painting Day 4)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

This is another oil bar painting in progress as of Day 4, which is today, January 19. I am trying to get my paintings ready for an exhibit in Manchester, New Hampshire, and I am scheduled to have them up there next week. So now I am making sure the paint extends all the way to the edges of the canvas, for each painting. And today I also started applying gray or neutral oil paint to the edges of the canvas (as a kind of frame). I want to get that done in the next few days so everything will be dry in time. But even as I do these tasks, I am still making small modifications in the paintings. Today I adjusted the shore line in the foreground of this painting, something I have been meaning to do. Now the image is closer to my photo (not that important), and the composition is more peaceful (very important.) I also made the edge of the shoreline, in the foreground, just a little darker. I also added some purple shadows to the land masses in the distance.

No comments: