Friday, January 01, 2010

Golden Path (Oil Bar Painting Day 3)


Golden Path (Oil Bar Painting Day 3)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

This is one of the oil bar paintings that I have been working on, as it looked on Day 3 (which was December 28). That day, I added more shadow to the path in the foreground, and more detail to the trees and path in the distance. My reference is one of my photos (also called "Golden Path," posted here on October 27, 2009). I was looking at the photo to sort out some of the details in the trees, and discovered that although I had assumed that the sunlight was coming from the right, in fact the sun is on the left. I took the photo at Long Hill Gardens here in Beverly, MA. I go there often, so that shouldn't have surprised me, but it did. In any case, it is good to know. In art, as in life, it always helps to check your assumptions.

1 comment:

Minka said...

Beautiful!
Love, Mindy