Saturday, January 02, 2010

Path and Footbridge (Oil Bar Painting Day 1)


Path and Footbridge (Oil Bar Painting Day 1)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

I am getting ready for a show, and have several paintings in process. This is one that I started on December 28th What you see here is a sketch, on the canvas, of what is to be a path and footbridge. I wanted to get the perspective right, so as I blocked in the composition, I used an oil bar to draw in the whole bridge, even though part of it will be hidden by foliage when the painting is done. The "extra" lines are there to guide me, and to make sure the perspective is right. That was all I had time to do on Day 1, but I kind of like the way the sketch looked on the canvas. (My reference for this painting is a photograph that I took on the Durham campus of the University of New Hampshire. The photo is called "Path and Footbridge at UNH" and was posted on this site on July 2, 2005.)

No comments: