Friday, January 22, 2010

Golden Path (Oil Bar Painting Day 7)


Golden Path (Oil Bar Painting Day 7)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

This is an oil bar painting in progress as of Jan 22. After posting a photo of this painting yesterday, I decided that the shadowy part of the path was losing the orange and yellow tones. So today I mixed up some golden apricot color and added some of it, applying it as a glaze in some places, and in others, stippling it on over the purple shadows. I was hoping to create the effect of leaves on the path. I think the color is better now, though I know it is hard to see by comparing photos, because this one was taken in artificial light, while the others were taken in sunlight. While I was working on this painting, I also made a few more little adjustments to the lines in the painting, putting my ruler right up on the canvas, to try to improve the perspective. Now I am just about ready to say this painting is done. Anyway, I am running out of time to do more! However, if I see something that needs to be fixed, I will.

No comments: