Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Path and Footbridge in New Hampshire (Posterized Photo)


Path and Footbridge in New Hampshire (Posterized Photo)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

My paintings are done and just about dry, which is great because tomorrow they are going up to New Hampshire. My plan was to display the photos that inspired the paintings, time permitting. (I have done this before, and I group the photos together, separate from the paintings.) Today I bought some little frames, and thereby committed myself to do this. I plan to show posterized versions of the photos. I love the way it looks, for one thing. And it seems appropriate because a posterized photo can be so helpful when I am painting because it emphasizes shapes and colors. But the most practical reason to posterized these photos is that they were several cameras (including my old low-res cell phone) and in a variety of situations (including photography from the passenger's seat of a moving car). So some are low res and fuzzy, and some are very clear. Posterizing kind of evens out the resolution issue so they look good together. Although I had already posterized some of the photos(and published here that way), about half of them had not been posterized. So I posterized the rest tonight and printed them out. (I omit here all the battles I had with the printing process.) But I still have to frame seven photos tonight, so I am going to stop typing and just say that this image is the photo that inspired my painting of the path and footbridge. Tonight I created this posterized version of it.

No comments: