Thursday, January 14, 2010

Rising Sun on Woods and Snow (Oil Bar Painting Day 6)


Rising Sun on Woods and Snow (Oil Bar Painting Day 6)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

This is another oil bar painting in progress. This is how it looked when I finished working on it on January 9 (which was Day 6). My new painting supplies arrived via mail order, and I used my brand new white oil bar on this one. I used straight white to add highlights to the sun. I adjusted the line of the snowbank in the foreground. I used a very blue-gray for shadows, and a very pale yellow to even out the sky color and then put just a touch of it on the snowbank, where the sunlight might fall. Then I added a little definition to the base of the trees. I am not ready to say that this is finished, but it is close.

No comments: