Saturday, February 06, 2010

Birthday Present For Me (Digitally Altered Photo)


Birthday Present For Me (Digitally Altered Photo)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

This image began with a picture from the old family album, a photograph taken at my birthday party. (The photo was taken by my uncle, Ike Fitterman, who was a professional photographer and served as a kind of family historian.) I came across the photograph the other day, and decided to see what I could do with it. I opened it in Painter and cleaned up a few scratches. Then, after a few false starts, I applied some color using digital pastel. Then I cropped the image and posterized it, and the result is a nice collaboration with my uncle. I don't look too excited about the slip my mother is showing me. But I am still very excited about the many, many gifts my parents gave me, especially the ones that don't come gift-wrapped (such as life itself). What I like best about this photo is that there I am with my mom and dad. And that is why this is a birthday present for me.

No comments: