Wednesday, March 24, 2010

White Blossoms and Brick (Digital Woodcut)


White Blossoms and Brick (Digital Woodcut)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

Tonight I used my Painter program to create this digital woodcut from a photo that I took this afternoon at Long Hill Gardens here in Beverly, MA. The day was sunny and dry (finally) but it was cold again, cold enough for a winter coat. But even though it was cold today, things are already blooming due to last week's warmer temperatures. I saw these little white blossoms growing against the main house at Long Hill. I liked the contrast of blossom and brick, so I took a picture. I thought it would look good as a digital woodcut, so I fiddled with Painter's controls and after way too many tries, got the amount of black outline that I wanted.

No comments: