Thursday, June 10, 2010

At "The Food Project" at Long Hill Gardens


At "The Food Project" at Long Hill Gardens
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

This is a different view of Long Hill Gardens, here in Beverly, MA. This is "The Food Project," organic farming at Long Hill. My daughter and I signed up, and now we get a weekly "farmer's basket" of organic produce. Today we went to pick up the first one. It's fun because you don't know what you are going to get. (This week, it was lettuce, spinach, squash, green onions, etc.) I love to look at farms and vegetable gardens, so I took a picture: I love the patterns and colors. Tonight I lightened up the shadows and cropped the original photo to get this image.

1 comment:

Minka said...

I hope you keep posting about your CSA. I've wanted to do this for years but it's just too much food for one person. I know I could freeze some of it but lettuce has to be eaten. Anyway, enjoy! and post a few veggie photos or recipes. Love, Mindy