Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Near Pueblo (Posterized)


Near Pueblo (Posterized)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

Today I was looking through my photographs of Colorado, and I found a picture that I took a few years ago, during a ride down to Pueblo. I am not sure of the exact location, but it is certainly between Colorado Springs and Pueblo, not too far from Pinon. This is the landscape in which I grew up. Well, tonight I decided to use Painter to posterize the original photograph. I often have problems when I posterize a photo of a landscape because if I do enough posterizing of the land to make things interesting, then the sky becomes too distorted. But on this one, I used the selection tool so I could posterize the sky at a different level than the land. (Have I learned something new, after all this time!) Anyway, here is my image for today: the landscape of home, softened by memory.

No comments: