Monday, June 14, 2010

Clematis Closeup (Posterized and Digitally Edited Photo)


Clematis Closeup (Posterized and Digitally Edited Photo)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

The clematis are blooming in my yard. I have been admiring these beautiful flowers as I run past, on my way in and out of the house. (The house is being painted, making life seem even more hectic than usual.) But today, I took a little time to take just one quick photograph because these flowers deserve better. Tonight I opened the image in Painter. Although I had a pretty good image of the flower, apart from one wayward leaf, the background needed to be simplified. So I opened the image in Painter and used digital pastel to fix the leaf that was in the way. After some trial and error, I decided to simplify the background with a dramatic black. Then I posterized the image, working one leaf and one petal at a time to get the effect I wanted.

No comments: