Thursday, June 17, 2010

Clematis (Digital Print)


Clematis (Digital Print)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

The clematis are in bloom in my yard, and I have been using them to make images which I have been posting here this week. Tonight I used Painter's pattern pen, loaded with the digital pattern that I made a few days ago from my photo of the clematis blossom. I chose a background color to evoke the color of the flower, and loaded my pattern pen with digital pastel in pale pink. (With pastel, the pattern prints "in reverse," just like a negative.) I used a very large digital "brush" to make the strokes, and when I had a composition that I liked, I posterized the image, adjusting the posterizing controls many times until I had what I wanted. So this is not really a print, but I kind of stumbled upon this process myself, and I think the resulting images looks like prints.

No comments: