Friday, June 04, 2010

Road at Long Hill on a Misty Day


Road at Long Hill on a Misty Day
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

This is a another photograph that I took at Long Hill a few days ago. This is a view of the little road that leads up to the main house on the property. I took this picture around 5 PM. The day was overcast and the air was heavy. What I thought was mist turned out to be a combination of fog and smoke drifting down from Canadian forest fires. We take our environment for granted until it changes, and then we begin to pay attention. I guess that's why I tend to pull out my camera when there is mist or fog. I was interested in trying to capture the strange, almost refracted, and the luminous colors. Tonight I cropped the original photograph to get this composition.

No comments: