Saturday, July 03, 2010

Flowers in Blue Vase


Flowers in Blue Vase
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

This is a digital sketch that I drew tonight on my iPad with the Brushes app. I am trying out different brushes in the program, so I decided to do a still life. (This is drawn from my imagination, not from observation.) It was fun and I am learning to work with the controls, though I accidently hit the paint bucket a couple of times which makes the whole image disappear in favor of a solid sheet of color. (But you just hit "undo" and it's okay.) When I finished this sketch, I transferred it into my computer, and used iPhoto to crop the image. Brushes also creates a little "movie" of the drawing, stroke by stroke. I am still trying to figure out how I can export that, too, and find out if I can post it here.

1 comment:

Minka said...

Good for you -- trying out this new tool. The video sounds like a lot of fun. I hope you find a way to post it! Could you download it as a video in Flickr?