Friday, July 02, 2010

Red Sun and Mountain


Red Sun and Mountain
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

Here is a surprise from the past! This is a painting that I did sometime in the 1980s, when I was living in Lawrence, Kansas. This water-media landscape was done with acrylic paint, using a combination of techniques, including water wash-off, which creates a kind of monoprint effect. While I was living in Lawrence, I did a series of acrylic paintings of mountains, images based on imagination and memories of my home state of Colorado. Well, I haven't seen this painting for quite a while because it belongs to a friend who lives in Kansas. My husband is on a trip back to Lawrence this week, and he saw my painting hanging in her office at the University of Kansas. I was happy to hear that she still has my painting and that it is on display at KU! I knew didn't have an image of this painting, so I asked for a photo, which came today by e-mail. The photo I received was taken with an iPhone camera, and showed the painting framed, on a wall with several other paintings. Tonight I cropped this image out of the photo and did a little straightening and cropping in iPhoto.

1 comment:

Minka said...

I like the texture.