Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Swiss Chard Stems (Kitchen Compositon)


Swiss Chard Stems (Kitchen Compositon)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

This summer we are participating in The Food Project at Long Hill Gardens, which is a CSA project (Community Supported Agriculture). Every week I get huge bag of organic vegetables to use. The element of surprise makes it fun (like a grab bag for vegetables). This experience is making me think about food in new ways, and has me looking for recipes to figure out how to cook what I have. Tonight I cut up Swiss chard stems to add to a stir fry. The colors were amazing, so I stopped to take a picture. Later, I used iPhoto to crop the original image in order to get this composition.

1 comment:

Minka said...

Very pretty. BTW, Swiss chard is very good cooked up in a big skillet with olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. I start with a high flame, add a small amount of water and quickly cover it. To prevent it from sticking, I shake the covered pan like I'm making popcorn...and drop the flame.