Monday, July 05, 2010

Trumpet Vine at Long Hill Gardens


Trumpet Vine at Long Hill Gardens
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

This is a photograph that I took last Thursday (July 1), during a walk at Long Hill Gardens here in Beverly, MA. This is Sedgwick Gardens at Long Hill, which used to be a private estate, but is now run by the Trustees of the Reservation and open to the public. We stayed to walk after picking up our weekly haul of organic vegetables from The Food Project, located on a big field near the entrance to Long Hill. We walked around the flower gardens near the main house, and when I saw these trumpet vines, I had to take a picture. Tonight I cropped the photo to get this image. I was interested in the play of the vines against the window, and the contrasting colors and textures of vine, window, brick, and shutters.

No comments: