Friday, August 20, 2010

Amazed at Sunset


Amazed at Sunset
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

This is another photograph from an evening walk at Obear Park on Wednesday night. Going to the park around sunset has become a bit of a routine this summer, because here in Beverly, MA, dogs aren't allowed in waterfront parks before 7:30. So lately I have seen some beautiful sunsets, which is a treat because around here, it is surprisingly difficult to get an unobstructed view of the Western sky. So on Wednesday night, I was prepared for a lovely view, but I was not prepared to be amazed! I started taking pictures right away, but it took a couple of tries to get the exposure right. This photo is just as it came out of the camera, apart from a bit of cropping. The light kept changing, so I took more photos, and I might use some of them as the basis for oil bar paintings.

No comments: