Friday, August 13, 2010

Field at The Food Project (Long Hill Gardens)


Field at The Food Project (Long Hill Gardens)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

Yesterday (Thursday) was the weekly pickup from The Food Project, a CSA (community supported agriculture) project. Here in Beverly, MA, it is located at Long Hill Gardens. Every week, those of us who signed up get to pick up a couple of big bags of organic vegetables. Usually all the vegetables are in big bins under a tent, but yesterday, people were allowed to pick their own cherry tomatoes and Swiss chard, so that is what I did. It was great! I felt like a kid on a field trip! Since I had the chance to see the fields close up, I took a couple of photographs. Tonight I edited this one in iPhoto, retouching a bit to remove some distracting marks, and cropping it to get this composition.

No comments: