Monday, August 09, 2010

Lattice Gate and Stone Walk (Painting as of August 9)


Lattice Gate and Stone Walk (Painting as of August 9)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

I started this watercolor last week at a plein air workshop that I attended with my cousin up in Concord, New Hampshire. Despite the fact that I only had two hours to paint, I chose a scene with lots of complicated patterns. Yesterday I went back to the painting and worked on the lattice fence. Today I tackled the stone path, straightening the lines and fixing the perspective a bit. My goal was not to "correct" everything that I missed, but just to work with what I already had in the painting and resolve a few of the problems. I might do a little bit more with this painting, but it is watercolor, so what I can do is limited by the way this kind of paint behaves.

No comments: