Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Lucky Shot of "The Pru" (Posterized)


Lucky Shot of "The Pru" (Posterized)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

Yesterday, stuck in traffic as I drove into Boston, I was worried about timing. I had arranged to meet a friend who will soon be moving far away. We each had places to go and people to see, but had set a time and place to meet for coffee in between. Despite the traffic tie-ups and last minute scheduling changes all around, somehow it worked! So as I started the drive back home, I was already feeling quite lucky. Just before I got onto Storrow Drive to head out of Boston, I stopped at a red light and found myself with an unobstructed view of "The Pru" (The Prudential Center, a Boston icon.) I only had about a minute before the light changed from red to green, but I pulled out my camera and took two quick pictures. Tonight I took the best of the two photos, and used Painter to posterize it, and then cropped it to get this image: a lucky shot on a very lucky day.

No comments: