Thursday, September 23, 2010

Nasturtiums at Long Hill


Nasturtiums at Long Hill
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

It was almost 6 PM by the time we got to Long Hill Gardens today to pick up the weekly bag of vegetables from The Food Project (Community Supported Agriculture). Next to the Food Project is an area called "Fields of Flowers" where you can pick your own bouquet. There were so many things to look at, but I couldn't take my eyes off of the nasturtiums. I love the bright blossoms, and the shape and pattern of the leaves, so I took some pictures. Later, after I transferred the pictures into my computer, I used iPhoto to do some basic editing. I cropped this image from one of the photos, using trial and error to get the right balance of leaves and blossoms. I also used iPhoto's retouch tool to eliminate one distracting mark on just one leaf. But the color is just as it came out of the camera.

No comments: