Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Pink Rose (Digital Woodcut)


Pink Rose (Digital Woodcut)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

This image began with another photo that I took back in mid-August. What I was looking for at the time was a picture of just one rose (for a birthday), but when I got the photo of this rose into the computer, I realized that you couldn't see the whole rose because part of it was obscured by petals of another flower. But even though this wasn't the birthday rose I wanted, I really liked it. So tonight I opened the image in Painter to see what I could do. I began by copying a few petal shapes from the top part of the rose, flipping them (both vertically and hortizontally) to make them fit where there were needed (which was in the lower right corner). Then I dropped the layers, and drew into the image with digital pastel, filling in gaps, adjusting shapes and colors until I had drawn in the missing petals and made them look like they belonged there. My original intention was to posterize the image, but I tried a digital woodcut effect, and I liked that better. So here it is.

No comments: