Friday, October 22, 2010

Rainbow and Farm Fields


Rainbow and Farm Fields
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

Yesterday we made our last trip to The Food Project for the year. (This is a CSA--Community Supported Agriculture--and it grows organic vegetables on some big fields over at Long Hill Gardens here in Beverly, MA.) We hoped to beat the weather, but as we set out, the sky got dark, it started to rain, and we even saw some light hail. But soon after we got to the fields at Long Hill, the sun came out, and a rainbow appeared. I grabbed my camera and took some pictures. We were glad the rain stopped so we could enjoy the last day. I certainly got more than I bargained for when we joined the CSA. (And I don't mean all that summer squash and all those turnips.) I didn't know how much I was going to enjoy the weekly "field trips" and the ensuing adventures in the kitchen. So this rainbow seemed like one more surprise, another bonus at The Food Project on the last day of the season.

No comments: