Thursday, November 18, 2010

A Tall Daydream at Starbucks


A Tall Daydream at Starbucks
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

First thing this morning, I set off for the grocery store to get half-and-half (among other things). I decided to stop at Starbucks first and have coffee: tall dark roast with extra room . I sat down to drink it, and took out my new iPhone. I installed Brushes on it a few days ago, and had only had time to make a few strokes to try it out. So this morning started trying out the brushes just to compare (I also have Brushes on my iPad) and came up with this little abstract sketch. I was having so much fun that I almost forgot about the grocery store. Later, I transferred the image into my computer, and used iPhoto to crop it a bit to adjust the format, which is predetermined by the shape of the iPhone screen. Apparently the iPhone version of Brushes doesn't capture a "stroke-by-stroke" video like iPad version does, but it is still great to have Brushes on my iPhone because it is so portable.

No comments: