Friday, November 12, 2010

Through a Window in November (Posterized Photo)


Through a Window in November (Posterized Photo)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

This morning, I was admiring the view through an upstairs window. I liked the morning light on the green and yellow leaves, so I decided to try out the camera in my new iPhone. Tonight I used iPhoto to crop this composition out of the original photograph, emphasizing the window panes. Then I opened the image in Painter and posterized it. This morning when I took the photograph, I already knew that I was going to posterize the image because I was shooting the photograph through a window screen. That is usually a liability, but posterizing with Painter turns the liability into an advantage because it creates interesting effects with window screens. As I worked with this image tonight, it occurred to me that the window panes create four compositions, not just one. To be continued. . . .

No comments: